Monday, October 7, 2013

Magic Pill

You know those issues in your life that just don't go away? You try everything, and you might even be happy for a day or even a week, but eventually it comes right back and all the sudden your life becomes uncontrollable. At this point you have a few choices, you either ignore the situation and make yourself extremely busy, or allow yourself to face the issue. 

Let's say that you choose to face the issue. What exactly are you facing? Now I'm not talking about the exact problem, I'm talking about the severity. Are you completely prepared for battle? 

One of my favorite stories in the Bible is David and Goliath. Goliath was so big, and all David had was a pebble and a sling. It makes me think of the issues that I face with on a daily basis and how I deal with them. Most of the time I waste all my energy preparing to battle small problems with all my energy. It makes me weak and tired so when something life-changing is put in front of me, I don't know how to handle it. I start to blame God looking at the resources that I have left. I see my small pebbles and sling and forget the power that it holds. The power of faith. There is power in all of the things that we use to defeat our issues. Some of those things can be destructive. Our words, actions, and way of life, can smite our issues or mask them, But our faith is the one weapon that can heal us and our problems. 

Use your pebble to defeat your issues while working on your relationship with God. Allow your faith to grow while you face your problems each and everyday. 

... to be continued....

UOI,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment