Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Shaving...

Can I tell you how annoying it is to shave? I swear.. I hate it! I'm pretty dang sure that winter is now over so I can't hide my obnoxiously hairy legs under my blue jeans!  Guys will never understand this, but there is a huge process to shaving your legs. You have to keep your balance while you prop your leg up on some sort of wall, get the shaving cream on, get the razor, and then you have a good 10 minutes to make sure you don't miss a spot. Usually, you miss a spot and I don't think I'll ever be able to explain how annoying that is. Now, you say that since I've taken the 10 minutes to shave I should be good for the next few days? WRONG! You have to do it alllllll over again the next day! 

I bet you didn't see this coming, but I'm about to tie this into scripture. Yup... It's happening. 

I want you to think about your faith for a second. How many times do you take the time to get to know God? In another words... Do you read scripture often? Be in prayer? Go to church? Guess what... Your relationship with God is just like shaving. Say whaaat? Yeah, you heard me. 

I bet you get frustrated with God. I'm not going to say that every time that you read scripture that you're going to be the happiest person in the world because sometimes you are going to get a little mad at what's in the Word. You usually aren't going to get your way and plans may not happen the way you want them to. So what are you going to do about it? Let your problem get.... Hairier? I'm pretty sure that would be a travesty when you break out your summer shorts. You've got to get back at it! Every night. Step by step. Don't miss any part of it because it's not worth it! God has so much to tell you!

"For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly out weighs them and will last forever!" (2 Corinthians 4:17)

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment