Monday, February 24, 2014

What Am I Supposed To Do???

I've been thinking a lot. I know how dangerous that can be, but hear me out. Don't you always anyways?

Today has been full of anger and frustration. I've been really stressed out lately and some things just aren't going away. Of course, the only way I solve problems in life is through multiple metaphors and relating it to scripture.

My sister is an incredible person, in case you didn't know that. She has this amazing thing about her that just radiates as soon as she walks into a room. I must say that it's strength. For a long time I really didn't like my sister, probably because I was a stupid, jealous teenager. Abby isn't afraid to say what is on her mind. She'll tell you straight up if you cross her at the wrong time. Granted, it can be pretty annoying, but she's usually right and that's why she gladly pisses me off 99.9% of the time. When she was in college, she went through a lot of stuff, but she had a friend that I saw change her from the inside out. I never really saw Abby open up, but when she was with Leesha, she did. It made me so happy to see her happy, plus it got her out of my hair for once! :) I don't remember what year it was, but Leesha and my sister kinda separated for awhile and didn't really talk. I'm not going to lie, there was a huge difference. It was almost like my sister lost a big chunk of her. Of course I did the little sister duty of agreeing with everything that she said just to help get her through it, but I can't tell you how happy I was when Abby and Leesha started talking again! 

Why am I telling you about my sister's life story? Probably because it's part of my story. I called Leesha tonight to ask her a few questions about how she instills values into her kids. She's a first grade teacher by the way... not a mother! Ha! I've been dealing with a lot of things personally. People have been treating me like I'm the scum of the Earth lately. I want to say something back, but I can't. 

Leesha told me that yes, we can still have faith in humanity. Children are taught how to act properly! Thank God! But why is it that after awhile things start to fade away and not matter as much? It's almost like we abide by these values until we become a "grown up" and then and only then.. the values don't apply anymore. Why is that? And don't say it isn't true, because it is. My teacher told me to not judge a book by its cover. So why did my boss tell me the other day that it's going to be hard to get people to understand my book because they won't read past the title??  Why did he tell me that this world is full of judgement and I just have to learn how to live with it? Why did we stop teaching these values to ourselves?! 

ARE WE TOO GOOD FOR THEM?!

Let's face it. We are, aren't we? My boss probably got burned from an adult when he was younger and was told that the world was full of judgement. How could he survive without learning how to fight back and erase those lessons that might as well only survive in the world full of ponies and rainbows? Since he got burned and learned the hard way, he might as well burn someone else in the process. "Teach them a lesson." as the world would put it. 

Well, I have news for you. It stops with me. I refuse to follow the world's "life lessons" and burn generation after generation. It's not right people! Can we not be a generation that actually wants to do God's will and bring Heaven down?! It is possible! I promise! All we have to do is follow those simple values they taught us in first grade. 

The Golden Rule doesn't say to "Treat others the way that you WERE treated", but it says to "Treat other the way you WANT to be treated." Don't you think that dreams could become reality if we just started with respecting each other? I don't know.. I've never seen it happen... but the least we can do it give it a shot. 

Maybe we could be a little bit like my sister. Standing up for ourselves and our beliefs, knowing what is wrong and what is right and showing others without burning bridges along the way. I love you Sisser!

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
(Isaiah 26:3)

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment