Monday, December 17, 2012

Green Finger....

Being back in Arkadelphia is crazy. I'm not sure if I miss this place, or if I just miss the people. When I got back into town I made sure one of the first places I went was Jostens. Losing all my weight was a good thing, until my ring started to fall off. I went and got it re sized so I wouldn't have to worry about it falling off anymore. 

Since my hand was feeling really naked, I found an old ring from my roommate and decided to put on until I got my other ring back. The particular ring looks like a wedding ring... try explaining that to your family. When we bought the rings, we made a pack to not go any farther then we were ready to with our boyfriends. 

Well things have changed since we got these rings and we've changed too. One things that I've noticed about wearing it now is that it's turning my finger green. People always told me that fake rings would do that. That's ringing in my head lately. Am I as fake as my ring? I feel that sometimes I put on this face that I goodie two shoes, but I'm really not. I desire to be a good person, but life gets in the way. 

The author of Winnie the Pooh has a quote that I imagine God saying to me sometimes. It makes me really believe in myself and who HE wants me to be, not who I want to be. 

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Really puts things in perspective. I hope you take that and really apply it to your life and start to believe in yourself. It's amazing the person that you'll become!

UOI,
Becca  

Here's your photo of the day... My little brother and I! He was so excited to take a picture with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment