Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What's on your mind......

That's what it asks me whenever I go to update my Facebook status. What's on my mind? That's a good question. I've been raised in a society of social media... and I love it! I hear all of these older people talking about us not knowing what we could have experienced, but I don't think that I would want to live in any other time period. 

When I update my Facebook... My family, friends from camp, Ozarks, Arkadelphia, New York... they all see it. This is about to make me sound extremely lazy, but I don't have to pick up the phone or go visit someone unless I absolutely want to. 

I've been running into that problem lately. All of my family live in New York and I haven't seen them in three years! Three years!! Do you know how crazy that is? I keep telling my parents how much I want to see my grandparents, but the money thing gets in the way. My grandparents are probably the sweetest people in the world! If I were to describe their personality... Nicolas Sparks. Sounds like the just jumped right out of one of his novels. Their love for each other, even with all the stuff that they've been through. On my dad's side I just have my grandma left. Grandpa passed away when I was in 5th grade, it was really hard to deal with because I never got to know him. She remarried and he passed away late in October. She's not doing too well right now, and I wish I could be there for her, but I'm 22 hours away with no money for a plane ticket.

Christmas break is taking forever it seems. I needed the break, but not like this. I find myself missing the Ozarks more and more each day... especially the people there! I love Arkadelphia, but I'm not active in the community anymore. I feel like I was shooed out when I went to college and no one really want me back here for a long period of time. I'm going to visit my friends like I should, but besides that I'm just finding more and more reasons to go back to school. It's time for me to grow up and become the adult that God wants me to be. No, I'm not about to go get a house, get married, and have kids. That's waaaay in the future, but I do want to consider what life would like if I had that chance. I'm ready to take a big step towards the future... I really don't think I was ready for that in August, but it's time now. 

Well this blog was random. You have now experienced Becca on her meds.... Now I'm going to sleep. Thanks be to God!!

UOI,
Becca

It's those little things that I miss... Our all nighter before we left for break :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment