Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Second....

Well that's it. Christmas is over. New Years is over. Holidays. Done. 

That's how it works... right? 

I see people that keep posting on Facebook about how their New Year is starting off perfectly and they are changing so many things in their life! My question for them? Why did you wait until January 1st? It's a classic thing for all of us. We wait until something big is going to happen in our lives....

I'm going to lose weight to fit into my prom dress.
I'm going to quit smoking because my daughter has a baby in the house.
I'm tired of being sad. I'm going to be happy once I get to college.
I'll get better friends when I move away.
I'll give my life to God when I don't have anything left.

We have an excuse for changing when it comes to everything in our life! Why can't we just live life?!

I'm probably the worst person in the world when it comes to this topic because I used excuses all the time. The main reason why I lost all my weight wasn't for me at all. It was to impress everyone else. I wanted to be a show stopper for the whole world to see that I was worth one look. 

The reason why I called this Blog "January Second" is because it's the universal sign of giving up. We have either over analyzed our resolutions and given up, or convinced ourselves that we are perfect just the way we are. 

I have news for you. Yes, God loves you just the way you are, but HE wants you to be HIS original masterpiece. When we were created, we were created in HIS image. That's perfect. Something happens when we start to live in this imperfect world, we start to form into things that's not of God. We convince ourselves that we aren't beautiful, smart, worthwhile... nothing. YOU ARE MORE! God has a plan for you and your life. When you pray, instead of telling God what you are going to do to be more perfect, ask HIM to make you HIS original masterpiece.... again. You will see and feel God's presence in a whole new way!

And that... my friends... is what January Second is all about....

UOI,
Becca 

Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! We don’t play the major role. If we did, we’d probably go around bragging that we’d done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing. 
~Ephesians 2:7-10, The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment