Friday, January 18, 2013

One more day....

I have had to opportunity to live for 7026 days, 4 hours, 5 minutes and 48 seconds. 

That's a LONG time. 

Sometimes I'll be in a class or looking at my watch thinking to myself about how long five minutes are, but when I look at this and think back on my life story... 7026 days doesn't seem like a long time. 

This life happens in the blink of an eye. We are given the opportunity to do so many things while we are on earth and we need to grasp it with all we have. 

This past Wednesday I went to a church event called Midweek. It was probably one of the most spirit-filled places that I've been at. I was really hesitant about going because I was planning on sleeping and getting work done, but I don't regret going at all. Most people say the spirit shows up most evidently during worship, but in this case... I saw him as soon as I walked in the door. The people there was so inspiring that it just allowed me to be a person that I hadn't been in a long time. 

After we sang a few songs, the leader lead us in a prayer about being an inspiration to people. I really started to think about the people that are in my life and how I was reacting around them. When I came to college I was still reading my Bible and being in constant prayer, but then I found that there were other "fun" things to do. I didn't like that side of my self. When I go around telling people that I'm a Christian and then constantly cuss, lie, lust, etc... I'm cheating myself of living my life to everything God wants it to be.

Are you living your days to the fullest?

"My ways are not your ways, My thoughts are not your thoughts."
~ Isaiah 55:8

UOI,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment