Thursday, October 18, 2012

Who? Me?

Sometimes I'll read the story of Moses and wish that my calling was that simple. 

You. 
Here. 
Do this. 
Now. 

I got my calling when I was going into 7th grade and it's been a wild ride ever since. I knew that ministry was going to be a big part of my life, but I never expected for it to take over. I used to think of ministry as just a job, but I don't do that anymore. 

Being in College has introduced me to a whole new life. I'm having to do something with my calling. Right now I'm sitting in the library working on a project for Critical Inquiry. Rob Bell is amazing figure to me, he was one of the people that inspired me to pursue ministry. In the particular interview that I'm reading he was asked this question, and I love his response!

If a 20 year old told you she was entering full-time ministry because she wanted to serve God and make a difference in the world, what questions would you have for her? How would you respond?
I would ask her if she's a Christian. If she said "yes," I would say "Too late! You're already in full-time ministry! The real question is: what are you going to do with your God-given passions and energies? Who are you going to help? What are you going to make? Where are you going to serve? Go do that, and release yourself from the need to give it labels.

I guess I'll leave you with that! We're in ministry full time! Let's do this....

UOI,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment