Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Resting... I think!

It's been awhile since I've posted on here. Things have been absolutely crazy since Thanksgiving break! I've been in a pretty rough spot trying to get everything together, but overall, the experience has been so worth it. 

Today, I've been working on setting up my website for my book that's releasing on February 14th, 2014! I went to take a screen shot of my blog and noticed that I hadn't posted in FOREVER! It's a crazy life being a double blogger! If you didn't know, I started a blog for the University of the Ozarks. It's to help prospective students learn more about the campus life and activities that happen every day! It's been really exciting to help them learn so when they come to college they won't have to make the same mistakes that I did. Who's kidding though... They probably will! I can't stop them, I can only tell them about the experiences that I have had!

My life next semester is going to be extremely busy! I will be working for the Public Relations office once again by taking photos and writing my blog, but this semester we are going to add a video blog as well as a managing position for the freshman Facebook page! I'm really excited about it even though I know it's going to be a lot of work! I have a plan to make over 25 videos that will help the incoming freshman prepare for college life! Some of the topic include "How to Register for Classes" all the way to "How to do your Laundry!" It will be a lot of help for them I hope! I'll be partnering up with Ty Volz for some of the videos! I think we are going to be pretty hilarious! I'll make sure to post some bloopers every once in awhile to brighten your day! 

I'll also being taking on more leadership in Methodist Campus Ministries. I'm happy about it to a point, but it's a lot of work that has to be done. I have a big to-do list that has to be completed before I go back to school and I'm thinking that it might not get all done. I know that everyone else is busy and I tell myself that so I don't feel bad for doing a majority of the work, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating! I would like to consider myself as a good leader, but when things are constantly not getting done it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. So, what do I do? All the things! I would rather load myself up with a million and one things to do instead of waiting on other people and it not being do to the best of it's ability or not being done at all. I'm not one of those people to sit back and watch things fall apart. If I see something lacking, I'll pick it up before it hits the ground! Sometimes I think of it more as a curse than a gift. 

Another thing that I've been working really hard on is finishing my book. All winter break I've been working on editing and publishing. My final edit will be done on Thursday and then I'll be able to order the proof copy! I'm hoping that everything turns out the way it's supposed to! I'm so ready to get this thing done and released! I actually really bad at keeping surprises so it's been really hard for me to keep the content of the book a secret! I'll be working on my press release for the next two days or so and hopefully start to get things rolling! I was talking to a marketing and advertizing person that is going to try to help me get on a few radio shows and morning shows on TV! Getting that news was music to my ears! I kinda went out on a shopping spree because of it! 

Last but definitely not least, I have classes to take! Shocker! I love everything about college, but sometimes I wish I could just take the classes for fun and not have to stress out about keeping the perfect GPA and such! Aren't people going to hire me because of the work experiences that I've had anyways? Oh well, I can't really argue with education, its now a norm that every one has to participate in. My classes will hopefully help me to move forward and help raise my GPA! I'm taking Advertising Fundamentals, Marketing Concepts, Swim for Fitness, Advanced Ceramics, Communications internship (9 hours a week) and World Civilization II. I have a pretty heavy load in front of me! Let's hope I can handle it! 

Well, I have a lot of stuff to mark off my list today so I can get more stuff done later! God Bless Y'all!

Becca    

No comments:

Post a Comment