Monday, November 5, 2012

Attachment.....

Do you ever think to yourself what life would be like if didn't feel as if we had to be in constant attachment to things and people? 

When I was back home I attached my identity to the church and my youth group. I love them both to death and think the world of my kids! They are probably the best thing that has ever happened to me, but it emotionally tore me up the first few weeks of school.

People kept telling me that it was okay to go out and do dumb things, but I never wanted to because I wanted to be an example for the kids. I wanted them to go off to college saying they could be a good Christian because I could. 

It's harder then it looks. 

I love my family and home church to death, but I'm going to have to detach somethings and start making decisions for me and God. 

I have people and things here that make me happy and I don't deserve to be down about life anymore! The best thing... is that I could still be happy if these things weren't in my life. I'm making a dramatic change and depending on myself and God. Probably the best thing for me right now!

What are you attached too?

UOI,
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment