Thursday, November 1, 2012

Seeing God...

The past few days have been crazy stressful! I had my eyes opened to a new scripture and I want to share it with you...

Luke 10:38-42

38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

I've been worried about the preparations for awhile now. Ever since I started college I started neglecting my faith, and it's not that I was trying to... it just happened. It was so easy to see God when I was back home in Arkadelphia. I went to school and everyone knew me as the "good Christian girl" so people were continuing to keep me accountable, I had an amazing job at my church working for my youth minister, and I was really involved in the youth group! There wasn't really a chance for me to not see God. Things haven't changed in the seeing God department... I see Him everyday... when I decide to look. 

So many things have happened lately and it's easy to blame God, but I don't want that to overcome me. I want to be able to have a relationship with God where I feel like I can tell Him everything and anything. Isn't that how it should be in the first place? Of course! Why is it so difficult to accept that? I remember people telling me that they have felt so low before that they couldn't pick themselves up to even talk to God. I can finally understand where they are coming from. I could be stupid and blame it on the things that surround me, but that's not the case at all. It's all me. I choose not to look. I choose to live my life this way.

The amazing thing about Mary is that she knew that God was right there and she did what we should all do. Stop and worship. When I read this the other day I felt as if God was speaking right to me. Only few things are needed in life.... indeed only one true thing is needed in life.

Sooo... In saying all that... Where did you see God today?

UOI,
Becca

This is my spot back home. Where I feel the closest to God. I used to come in at midnight after the worst day ever and scream at the top of my lungs and feel God just having an absolute grasp on me. He still holds on to me, even when I'm not in this spot. Our church will soon be going through a building project and this is going to be so much more different, but it will always be where I came to my senses.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment