Friday, November 23, 2012

Relaxing....

After two visits to the hospital, one visit to the doctor, and a week of not being able to eat much... I'm finally starting to feel like myself again.

It's been crazy lately and I don't really know how to thank everyone that's been there for me! I usually will be able to get over the symptoms, but it wasn't like that the past two times. The voice in the back of my head said it was a little more serious then normal. 

The good news is that I'll be getting help to fix the problem. Just a few more visits to different doctors so we can figure out what's really going on. It's hard to believe that I might not have to deal with it after 6 years of it being constantly something in the back of my mind. 

I decided I was going to start something new this year and it's been something that I've been thinking about for awhile now. I'm going to start a good news jar. Whenever something good happens in my life I'm going to put it in the jar and next year, I'll empty the jar and read what I wrote. It'll be something that I can go back and smile at! It'll be something that I'll also be able to look at and constantly see that there is good in my life so matter what happens! Things have been so crazy lately, that I really need to start this!

I was talking to someone the other night about some of the unfortunate things that were happening in my life and their response was, "This is all in God's Plan..." A really comforting thing to hear really, it made me think that, "If God put me to it, He can put me through it." 
We continued talking and I was telling her about college life and some things that my friends and I get ourselves into. (PG-13 Material) Her response? "That's just part of life.. You gotta push through..."

Light bulb!

At what point does bad decisions and bad circumstances separate you from God? 

You think it would be the exact opposite to be honest.

If a person wasn't making the best choices in life wouldn't you want them to know that God's unconditional love was open to them just as much as the holy and righteous preacher? Of course. Makes plenty of sense! I think the worldly side of think that we shouldn't accept those who "mess up" or "take a different path" because they need to be kept accountable for what they do or did. 

Another one of my good friends at school reminded me that all sin is equal and Jesus' sacrifice would be completely meaningless unless continued to ask for HIS acceptance, love, and forgiveness. Probably one of the most amazing and unexpected things I've heard in a long time. 

I'm gonna let this 1st grade lesson sit on your brain for awhile...

UOI,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment