Thursday, November 15, 2012

Speaking right through me....

God keeps calling me to speak... 

I don't know why..

I don't know if He means RIGHT NOW...

But I'm afraid I'm playing the Jonah card back on Him...

I keep telling myself that I'm not ready because I haven't gone through enough school or I don't have a "good enough" life yet... Heck! That's what the world tells me everyday. Go to school. Get Smart. Get a Job. Work your way up in the world.

I presented my Rob Bell project today in Critical Inquiry... I was really pleased with how it went, but I really surprised myself with how I answered a question from one of the students.

They asked how Rob's story relates to my life.

My answer?
 

"I really like how Rob Bell speaks. I remember watching him when I was in 7th grade and I was just memorized by the big words and illustrations that he used. He really knows what he's talking about and it's not that I look at him as God, but it's really easy to hear God speak through him. I got my call into the ministry when I was going into 7th grade and I hope to be a pastor that possess that gift. I don't want to speak, I want God to speak through me."

Yeah.. That's all God right there. I wasn't prepared to tell people about my calling because I honestly don't know if I've really been hearing God right, but I guess I have been. He always knows when to butt into my life and make a point. 

I don't want to think that I'm running away wither because God is really working on me lately, I just haven't been doing any work back. 

So that's it for tonight. God has really been tugging on me lately... Back to the start line...

UOI,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment